Privacy and Cookies Policy
Blackwood Recruitment LLP (“we” / “our” / “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Blackwood Recruitment LLP whose data protection registration number is Z8788444.
Collection of your information
If you contact one of our recruitment consultants or if you contact us or register with us via our Website you will be sharing your information with us, including:
- your name;
- your contact details (your e-mail address and telephone number);
- the information contained in your CV which may include your address, current and previous employment history and your education; and
- the role(s) you are interested in.
If you contact us, for example by email, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide
We may also collect information about your computer. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. Where available, this information includes:
- your IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, operating system and browser type, for system administration; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); roles you viewed or searched for; page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Our use of your information
We may use the information we hold about you to:
- provide you with information by email, phone, text message and post about job roles that you have expressed an interest in to assist you in finding a position;
- provide you with information by email, phone, text message and post about job roles that we think may be of interest to you to assist you in finding a position, unless you have asked us not to;
- manage the relationship between you and our clients, provided that you have agreed for us to send your CV to such clients;
- provide you with recruitment services that may include career guidance;
- help us improve our services, for example by acting on any information you have provided to us;
- improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- administer our Website and for internal operations, including market research and analysis;
- notify you about changes to our Website; or
- deal with any enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose or transfer your information to our clients, who are prospective potential employers, but only with your prior agreement.
We may disclose your information to our employees for the purposes of providing recruitment services to you and to third parties whom you have agreed we can contact on your behalf if requested by our clients, for example, to check your references or qualifications.
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Blackwood Recruitment LLP or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by us about our and candidates will be one of the transferred assets and will be disclosed to the third party purchaser.
We may be forced to disclose information by the government or other law enforcement agencies or in connection with the investigation of unlawful activities or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Blackwood Recruitment LLP, our clients, our other candidates or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
We may disclose to our clients and other reputable third parties aggregate statistics about the visitors to our Website and the number of candidates in order to describe our services and for other lawful purposes but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information.
Except as explained above, we will not disclose your personal data to any third parties for any other purpose unless we have your consent.
Sensitive personal information
By submitting your information to us, you consent to our use of that information as set out in this policy. We may need to collect and process your sensitive personal information (for example your state of health or criminal record). If you disclose sensitive personal information to us you expressly consent to us using that information for the purpose(s) given to you as well as for our equal opportunities monitoring.
Cookies are small data files, applied by the majority of websites, which transfer text-only information to the hard drive of your computer.
We use the following cookies on the Website:
- Google Analytics and WordPress cookies to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns to enable us to maintain and develop the Website. The data gathered is anonymous and does not identify individual users.
- Strictly necessary cookies to help our Website operate effectively. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to register with us. These cookies do not remember where you have been on the internet. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
Below is a list of the all the cookies we have set and our reasons for doing so:
|Cookie name||Expiration Time||Purpose|
2 years from set/update
|Google Analytics cookie used to distinguish users and sessions.|
30 mins from set/update
|Google Analytics cookie used to determine a new session or visit.|
When the browser is closed
|Google Analytics cookie used in conjunction with
6 months from set/update
|Google Analytics cookie used to determine how the user reached the Website.|
When the browser is closed
|WordPress cookie used to store your authentication details and indicate when you’re logged in and who you are.|
When the browser is closed
|WordPress cookie used to customize your view of admin interface.|
By using the Website you accept the use of these cookies.
You may control the cookies used by websites by modifying the settings in your browser – view the help menu to change your cookie preferences.
To access the Google Analytics opt out browser, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. By choosing this option, you will block Google Analytics across all websites.
For more detailed information about cookies and how they can be managed and deleted please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
International data transfers
Security of information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website and you acknowledge that any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features which are appropriate to the type of personal data you have provided to try to prevent unauthorised access or inadvertent disclosure.
Access to information
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal data we hold about you.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to external websites (for example, to our client’s websites). If you follow a link to any external websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and website terms and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to any external websites.